The Number “10”
(The Most Complete and Perfect Number)
Meaning and symbology
- Completeness in Divine order
- Used when describing anything near perfection.
- The number of harmony in matter.
- Biblically, the number 10 is viewed as a complete and perfect number. It is made up of “4” the number physical creation, and “6” the number man. In such it signifies testimony, law, responsibility and the completeness of order.
- 10 is the first number of extension Eg. 10…100…1,000…10,000
- It is the greatest of numbers, only because it is the Tetractys (the 10 dots) but because it comprehends all arithmetic and harmonic proportions.
- Pythagoras divided the heavenly bodies into 10 orders.
- Occultist Mme. Blavatsky believed that the 1 followed by the 0 indicates the column and the circle meaning the principle of the male and the female.
- The “1” and the “0” in 10 symbolically represent the phallus and the egg/womb. Even the shape of the respective numbers mimic the physiology of the human body. The masculine and the feminine. Or the joining of the two energies to create completeness.
- Hugues of Saint-Victor believes the number 10 represents the straightness in the faith because it is the first number “in extension” (of two digits)
- Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa wrote in “Of Occult Philosophy” Book II. “The number 10 is called every number, or in universal number, complete, signifying the full course of life.
- Agrippa’s 10 sanguine parts of man: the Menstrues, Sperm, Plasmatic spirit, Mass, Humour, Organic body, Vegetative part, Sensitive part, Reason, and Mind.
- Agrippa’s 10 simple integral parts constituting man: bone, cartilage, nerve, fiber, ligament, artery, vein, membrane, flesh, skin.
- Agrippa’s 10 parts of which man consists intrinsically: spirit, brain, lungs, heart, liver, goal, spleen, kidneys, testicles, matrix.
- Agrippa also points out that there were 10 curtains in the temple, 10 strings in the Psaltery; 10 musical instruments with which psalms were sung, and that there were 10 singers of Psalms.
- Represents the revelation and the Divine Law.
- To the Mayas, the number 10 represents the end of a cycle in the beginning of another. It was also regarded as the number of life and death.
- In China, the cross represents the number of 10 as the totality of the numbers
- In base six, the number six is represented by 10. 10/10/10 = 666
In The Bible
- The first “10” words of the Bible are “In the Begining, God created the heaven and the earth.” This occurs in (Gen1-1) “1” is the number of God. (Gen1-1)= I am that I am was spoken to Moses by God in (Ex-3:14) Pi anyone?
- The first “10” words of the Bible teaches the space-time continuum. Space, Time, Matter. All three are necessary for any one of them to exist. Without Space, there is nowhere which to put Matter. Without Matter, there is nothing with which to move in relation to one another or to decay due to the law of entropy. One of the greatest definitions of Time which I’ve ever read is “Time is the measurement of the decay of matter.” And of course, one needs Space in which to put matter. “10” words defined all that.
- Jesus spoke 10 “I am’s “ in John.
- Number 10 is used to hundred and 44 times in the Bible
- number 4000 and is used 10 times in the Bible.
- There are 10 patriarchs from Adam to Noah
- There are 10 patriarchs between Noah and Abraham
- The number 10 is used 242 times in the Bible.
- In Genesis 1 we find the phrase “God said” 10 times.
- God gave 10 commandments to man. (Ex 20:1) (Therefore 10 represents man’s responsibility to keep the Commandments).
- The tithe one pays in the church is a 10th of our earnings.
- The Passover lamb was selected on the 10th day of the 1st month.
- The 10th day of the seventh month is the holy day known as the day of atonement. 7 is the number of God.
- 10 nations hostile to Israel
- God moved back this shadow on the sundial of Ahaz 10° as a sign that he would deliver Hezekiah from his moral sickness and the city where he was. (Is 38:1-8)
- 10×10 silver sockets on formed the foundation of the Tabernacle.
- In the Temple, there were 10 lavers, 10 lampstands, and 10 tables (2 Chr 4:6-8)
- Jesus told several parables which focus on the number 10: 10 virgins (Mt 25:1-13), 10 coins (Lk 15:8-10), 10 minas (Lk 19:11-27).
- The Holy Spirit descended on the apostles 10 days after the ascension of Jesus.
- Jesus healed 10 lepers in (Lk 17:11)
- Jesus gives 10 pounds to 10 servings in the parable in (Lk 19:13)
- In the book of revelations the beast has 10 horns and upon the horns set 10 crowns. (Rev 13:1)
- 10 things are specifically listed that will not separate us from the love of God. (Rm 8:38)
- Principalities (demons)
- Things present
- Things to come
- Nor any other creature
- 10 vices that exclude one from inheriting the kingdom of God. (1Co 6:10)
- Abusers of themselves of mankind
- 10 nations which were hostile toward Israel (Ps 83:7-9)
- Boaz took 10 witnesses to Mary Ruth (Rt 4:2)
- 10 plagues of Egypt (Ex:7-11)
- water turns to blood
- swarms of beasts
- Livestock diseases
- Thunderstorms of hail and fire
- darkness for three days
- Death of firstborn
10 Women who caused the death of another person
- Sisera killed by a woman who drove a peg through his head (Judges 4:21)
- Abimelech was killed by a woman who dropped a millstone on his head (Judges 9:52-53)
- A woman caused Sheba’s head to be cut off (2Samuel 20:1, 21-22)
- A harlot accidentally rolls over and kills her infant child (1Kings 3:19)
- Jezebel, wife of King Ahab, has the prophets of God killed (1Kings 18:4)
- Jezebel has Naboth, who owned a vineyard her husband Ahab wanted, murdered (1Kings 21:9-10)
- A starving woman, in the besieged city of Samaria, boils and eats her son (2Kings 6:24-29)
- Athaliah, the mother of King Ahaziah, has all the royal seed killed (2Kings 11:1)
- Esther has Haman’s ten sons, which were enemies of the Jews, hanged (Esther 9:13-14)
- The head of John the Baptist is requested of Herod, by Herodias, through her daughter (Matthew 14:8)
- The Genesis is composed of ten chapters talking about the history of the world according to Darry: “Three of them talk about the creation and the life of Adam in the Garden of Eden. They correspond to the cabalistic world of the emanation. Three of them talk about the descendants of Adam and the preparations of the Flood. They correspond to the cabalistic world of the creation. Three talk about the Flood and its immediate consequences. They correspond to the cabalistic world of the formation. The tenth by establishing the descendant of Noah informs us of the realization of a humanity in conformity to the intentions of God.”
- In his letter to Marcella, Saint Jerome mentions ten divine names which he located in the Hebraic Bible. Here are those names such as given by the Latin Patrology (Paris, Migne, 1842, volume 22, col. 428-429): EL; Eloim; Eloe; Sabaoth; Elion; Eser Ieje; Adonai; Ia; Yod, He, Waw, He; and Saddai.
- The book of life is open 10 days in the Judaic tradition, between Roshashana and Yom Kippur.
- According to the version of Maria Valtorta, 10 Roman nights escort Jesus bearing his cross until the Golgotha.
- Each year on Yom Kippur the great priest pronounces loudly, clearly, and distinctly 10 times the name of God “YHWH”
- According to Chinese tradition, 10 is the number of souls that men possess. Three superior souls, the houen, and seven inferior souls, the p’o.
In other Religion
- According to the Cabal, there are 10 evil spirits.
- According to the Zohar God created the world using 10 words.
- Number 10 is used eight times in the Quran. (Koran II,192; II,234; V,91; VII,137; XI,16; XX,103; XXVIII,27 and LXXXIX,1)
- Among the verses of Faust and Goethe, there are:
If nine is one
Ten is none
Here is all the mystery
- According to the Talmud (a Jewish mystical text), there are 10° necessary to reach the divine glory.
- The chilled Ian’s had 10 kings before the famous flood of Xisuthrus
- There are 10 lords of existence, Prajapati, which Brahma created at the beginning of the secondary creative forces.
- The original Roman year only had 10 months, March through December. It was a lunar calendar consisting of three parts called calends, nones, and Ides
- For the Indians, the ten avatars or incarnations of Vishnu represented the ten months of the primitive year during each one whose the God incarnated himself in a new constellation, which some authors think that perhaps the first zodiacs had only ten signs instead of twelve. Wischnou, named Narayana or the god who walks on water, is the Word of Brahma. In his first incarnation he took the form of an enormous fish and the second time, he changed into a turtle. At the third incarnation, he took the form of a boar; in the fourth, a lion-man; in the fifth, he took the form of the dwarf named Trivicrama; in the sixth, he incarnates into the person of Rama; in the seventh, he is called Parashurama, or the Great-Rama; in the eighth incarnation, he was Krishna; and in ninth incarnation of Wischnou was Buddha. The tenth incarnation of Wischnou will occur at the end of the world when the whole divinity will come down as revenger and consumer. After that, the just will be carried in the residences of the blessed where they will receive their reward.
- Krishna received 10 rules of wisdom in his torment.
- The code of Manou lays out 10 moral duties.
The ten “Sephiroth” of the Sephirotic Tree of the Cabal which is considered as being divine attributes, as indicates their names:
- Kether: Crown
- Chokmah: Wisdom
- Binak: Intelligence
- Chesed: Grace, Magnitude or Clemency
- Geburah: Justice, Force or Rigor
- Tiphereth: Beauty or Husband
- Netzah: Triumph or Victory
- Hod: Glory or Splendor
- Jesod: Foundation or Basis
- Malchut: Wife, Royalty, Kingdom or Reign
- The ten “weeks of years” from Noah to Abraham until the moment when Abraham fathered Isaac, according to the book “ages of the creation” of the writings of the library of Qumran.
- There are 10 regions of the universe corresponding to the 10 various psychic parts of man.
- In ancient Mexico, the number 10 was represented by two concentric circles or two concentric squares.
- The 10 petals of Manipura Chakra are located in the area of the Naval and the solar plexus.
- Each of the 36 parts of the zodiac is divided into 10°.
- the numerical value of 10 is the Hebrew letter Yod, “Ego” representing the active principle of excellence.
- The magic square of 10
- The internet and the entire digital world for that matter is made up of 1’s and 0’s. OR a harmony of the balance between the male and female aspects of creation.
- The atomic number of neon.
- To do something by 1/10 is to decimate. (In ancient Rome, the killing of one in 10 soldiers was the punishment for cowardice or mutiny; the Romans would also decimate one in 10 able-bodied men in a village as a form of retribution, thus causing a labor shortage and from starvation in an agrarian society. This, in turn, caused further dependence upon the Roman state and commanded obedience.)
- Number 10 is most often used as the highest ranking of value. Eg. On a scale of 1 to 10.
- 10 Downing St. known locally in the kingdom as “number 10” is the headquarters of the government of the United Kingdom. It would be the UK’s equivalent to the capital. This building contains approximately 100 rooms OR 10×10.
- There are 10 provinces in Canada
- Interstate 10 is one of the primary routes that traverse the United States. It stretches from California to Florida
- Virginia is the 10th state to join the Union.
- Interior cards the number 10 corresponds to either chance, fortune, or the wheel of fortune.
- Most countries issued coins and bills with a denomination of 10.
- In blackjack, all face cards (royalty cards) are worth 10 points.
- In Boxing, the referee counts to 10 to determine whether or not an opponent is knocked out, and subsequently the winner.
- In the game of bowling, there are 10 pins in a triangular pattern. There are also 10 frames per game.
- 10 is a composite number with four divisors, it’s proper divisors are 1, 2 and 5. (It’s worth noting that 10 is the number of completeness, and 4 is the number of Earth. The number of completeness is made up of four divisors or parts.)
- Ten is the smallest semiprime that is the sum of all the distinct prime numbers from its lower factor through its higher factor (10 = 2 + 3 + 5 = 2 . 5) Only three other small semiprimes (39, 155, and 371) share this attribute.
- Ten is the second discrete semiprime (2 × 5) and the second member of the (2 × q) discrete semiprime family. Ten has an aliquot sumσ(n) of 8 and is accordingly the first discrete semiprime to be in deficit. All subsequent discrete semiprimes are in deficit. The aliquot sequence for 10 comprises five members (10,8,7,1,0) with this number being the second composite member of the 7-aliquot tree.
- Ten is the sum of the first three prime numbers, of the four first positive integers (1 + 2 + 3 + 4), of the square of the two first odd numbers and also of the first four factorials (0! + 1! + 2! + 3!). Ten is the eighth Perrin number, preceded in the sequence by 5, 5, 7.
- A Polygon with10 sides is a decagon, and 10 is a decagonal number Because 10 is the product of a power of 2 (namely 21) with nothing but distinct Fermat primes (specifically 5), a regular decagon is a constructible polygon.
- Tenis also a triangular number, a centered triangular number, and a tetrahedral number.
- Ten is the number of n queens problem solutions for n = 5. meaning The eight queens puzzle is the problem of placing eight chess queens on an 8×8 chessboard so that no two queens threaten each other. Thus, a solution requires that no two queens share the same row, column, or diagonal.
- 10 factoral seconds is exactly equal to six weeks.
- The Roman numeral for ten is X (which looks like two Vs [the Roman numeral for 5] put together); it is thought that the V for five is derived from an open hand (five digits displayed), and X for ten from both hands. Incidentally, the Chinese word numeral for ten is also a cross: 十.
- The digit ‘1’ followed by ‘0’ is how the value of p is written in base p. (E.g. 16 in hexadecimal is 10.)
The Secret Teachings of All Ages – Manly P. Hall