The Number “27”
(The Perfect Number)
Symbolism and Meaning
- The number 27 derives its meaning from being the cube of 3 (3 x 3 x 3).
- For Abellio, it is the number of the Holy Spirit.
- Represent the evolution tending to unify the duality, according to R. Allendy.
- J. Boehme calls this number “the death”.
- According to Alfred Weysen, twenty-seven is a lunar symbol, indicating the light in darkness. It is the symbol of the divine light.
- The number of books in the New Testament.
- The number of generations from David to Christ according to the Gospel of Matthew. (Mt 1,1-17)
- The 27th (3x3x3) book of the Protestant Bible edition contains 3x3x3x30 verses. The 3rd book contains 3x3x3 chapters and 3x3x3x3x3x3+130 verses. The 3 first books of the Bible have 3x3x13 chapters.
- Of the top ten occurring names in God’s word, the name Abraham appears in 27 Books.
- The New Testament of the Bible of Jerusalem contains 27 books.
- 27 Nakṣatra or lunar mansions in Hindu astrology.
- The total number of letters in the Hebrew alphabet (22 regular letters and 5 final consonants).
- Although the number twenty-seven is found in the Degree of Select Master and in some of the other advanced Degrees, it can scarcely be called in itself a sacred number. It derives its importance from the fact that it is produced by the multiplication of the square of three by three, thus: 3 X 3 X 3 = 27.
- While 7 is the number of (spiritual perfection) the numbers 1+2+3+4+5+6+7= 28. 2+8=10. “10” is also “1” or the number of the creator which is unique in numerology.
- Twenty-eight resonates with a multitude of natural energies and is a welcome addition to any natural energetic system wishing to combine the energies of Man, creation, and God
- 28 is comprised of the factors of the numbers seven and four. Seven is the number of (God’s word) and four is the number of (creation.) Its mathematical properties also create a philosophical harmony with many occulted principals and philosophies.
- The 27 Club is a term used to refer to popular musicians who have died at the age of 27.
- A-27, American attack aircraft.
- The code for international direct-dial phone calls to South Africa.
- The name of a cigarette, Marlboro Blend No. 27.
- An alternate name for The Hunt, a book by William Diehl.
- The number of the French department Eure.
- Abbé Faria’s prisoner number in the book The Count of Monte Cristo.
- One of the anthropomorphic math symbols Lisa Simpson imagines talking to her in The Simpsons episode “Girls Just Want to Have Sums”, which, instead of offering the expected pun-based aphorism, rather unhelpfully only says “twenty-seven”.
- In Stephen King’s novel It, It returns every 27 years to Derry.
- 27 is the number of bones in the human hand.
- The number of planets needed to fuel the Reality Bomb in the episodes The Stolen Earth and Journey’s End of Doctor Who (series 4).
- In Muslim beliefs, the rewards for congregational prayer (Salah al jama’ah) are at least 27 times greater than offering the prayer alone at home.
- The value of all the colors in snooker add up to 27.
- The number of outs in a regulation baseball game for each team at all adult levels, including professional play, is 27.
- The New York Yankees have won 27 World Series championships, the most of any team in the MLB.
- In the appearances in Dozule, in France, Jesus dictated 27 Latin sentences to Madeleine who however does not know Latin.
- The war led by the Antichrist will begin in the year 1999 and will last 27 years according to Nostradamus.
- The 27 Masters who pursued the murderers of Hiram.
- Length of the cubit “mir” in inch (it is, in reality, twenty-seven inches and a half). According to Edgar Cayce, it is this measuring unit which would have been used for the construction of the Great Pyramid.
- It is at the age of 27 years old that Jesus preluded to his evangelization, according to visions of Mary Agreda.
- The last book of the New Testament, the 27th, is the Revelation John and his feast is celebrated on December 27.
- For the Indians, the god Soma was accompanied by 27 women.
- The primitive Greek alphabet, with which it was possible to write all the numbers from 1 to 900, had 27 letters with the digamma, the koppa, and the sampi. Similarly, the divine Revelation inspired to the elected people was written on rollers thanks to the 27 signs of the Hebrew alphabet: 22 letters plus the 5 finals (kaph, mem, nun, phe, and tzade) those having a form and a different numerical value when they are at the end of a word.
- Anniversary of marriage: amethyst weddings.
- Twenty-seven is a cube of 3: 33 = 3 × 3 × 3. 27 is also 23 (see tetration). There are exactly 27 straight lines on a smooth cubic surface, which give a basis of the fundamental representation of the E6 Lie algebra. 27 is also a decagonal number.
- In decimal, it is the first composite number not divisible by any of its digits.
- It is the radix (base) of the septemvigesimal positional numeral system.
- 27 is the only positive integer that is 3 times the sum of its digits.
- In a prime reciprocal magic square of the multiples of 1/7, the magic constant is 27.
- In the Collatz conjecture (aka the “3n + 1 conjecture”) a starting value of 27 requires 111 steps to reach 1, many more than any lower number.
- The unique simple formally real Jordan algebra, the exceptional Jordan algebra of self-adjoint 3 by 3 matrices of quaternions, is 27-dimensional.
- In decimal, it is a Smith number and a Harshad number.
- It is located at the twenty-eighth (and twenty-ninth) digit after the decimal point in π. (3.141592653589793238462643383279…). If you start counting with 0 it is one of few known self-locating strings in pi.
- 27 contains the decimal digits 2 and 7, and is the result of adding together the integers from 2 to 7 (2 + 3 + 4 + 5 + 6 + 7 = 27)
- There are 27 sporadic groups if the Tits group is included.
- Within senary, one can readily test for divisibility by 43 (decimal 27) by seeing if the last three digits of the number match 000, 043, 130, 213, 300, 343, 430, or 513.
- The atomic number of cobalt.
- The atomic weight of the only stable isotope of aluminum.
- Dark matter is thought to make up 27% of the universe.
- The Messier object M27, a magnitude 7.5 planetary nebula in the constellation Vulpecula, also known as the Dumbbell Nebula.
- The New General Catalogue object NGC 27, a spiral galaxy in the constellation Andromeda
- The Saros number of the solar eclipse series which began on 1993 March and ended on 713 April. The duration of Saros series 27 was 1280.1 years, and it contained 72 solar eclipses. Further, the Saros number of the lunar eclipse series which began on 1944 July and ended on 411 January. The duration of Saros series 27 was 1532.5 years, and it contained 86 lunar eclipses.
- The type 27 vacuum tube (valve), a triode introduced in 1927, was the first tube mass-produced for commercial use to incorporate an indirectly heated cathode. This made it the first vacuum tube that could function as a detector in AC-powered radios. Prior to the introduction of the 27, home radios were powered by a set of three or more storage batteries with voltages of 3 volts to 135 volts.
The “27” Club
The 27 Club includes popular musicians, artists, actors, and athletes who have died at age 27, often as a result of drug and alcohol abuse or violent means such as homicide, suicide, or transportation-related accidents. The deaths of several 27-year-old popular musicians between 1969 and 1971 led to the belief that deaths are more common at this age.
David McGowan wrote, in my opinion, one of the most important books dealing with the CIA, MKULTRA, the 1960’s rock scene, and the government psyop that changed the course of American history. It’s titled: Weird Scenes Inside the Canyon. In this book he covers quite heavily the “27 club” and gives reasons as to how and why this happened.
Here is the complete list of the 27 Club.
|Alexandre Levy||November 10, 1864||January 17, 1892||Unknown||Composer, pianist and conductor||27 years, 68 days|
|Henri Evenepoel||October 3, 1872||December 27, 1899||Typhus||Belgian Fauvism artist||27 years, 85 days|
|Louis Chauvin||March 13, 1881||March 26, 1908||Neurosyphilitic sclerosis||Ragtime musician||27 years, 13 days|
|Robert Johnson||May 8, 1911||August 16, 1938||Unknown||Blues singer and musician||27 years, 100 days|
|Nat Jaffe||January 1, 1918||August 5, 1945||Complications from high blood pressure||Swing jazz pianist||27 years, 216 days|
|Jesse Belvin||December 15, 1932||February 6, 1960||Traffic collision (car)||R&B singer, pianist and songwriter||27 years, 53 days|
|Rudy Lewis||August 23, 1936||May 20, 1964||Drug overdose||Vocalist of the Drifters||27 years, 271 days|
|Joe Henderson||April 24, 1937||October 24, 1964||Heart attack||R&B and gospel singer||27 years, 183 days|
|Rockin’ Robin Roberts||November 23, 1940||December 22, 1967||Car crash||Original member and singer of The Fabulous Wailers||27 years, 29 days|
|Malcolm Hale||May 17, 1941||October 30, 1968||Poisoning (carbon monoxide)||Original member and lead guitarist of Spanky and Our Gang||27 years, 166 days|
|Dickie Pride||October 21, 1941||March 26, 1969||Drug overdose (sleeping pills)||Rock and roll singer||27 years, 156 days|
|Brian Jones||February 28, 1942||July 3, 1969||Drowned in a swimming pool; coroner’s report states “death by misadventure”||Rolling Stones co-founder, guitarist, and multi-instrumentalist||27 years, 125 days|
|Alexandra||May 19, 1942||July 31, 1969||Road accident||German schlager vocalist||27 years, 73 days|
|Alan “Blind Owl” Wilson||July 4, 1943||September 3, 1970||Drug overdose (barbiturate), possible suicide||Leader, singer, and primary composer of Canned Heat||27 years, 61 days|
|Jimi Hendrix||November 27, 1942||September 18, 1970||Asphyxiation||Pioneering electric guitarist, singer, and songwriter for the Jimi Hendrix Experience and Band of Gypsys||27 years, 295 days|
|Janis Joplin||January 19, 1943||October 4, 1970||Drug overdose (probably heroin)||Lead vocalist and songwriter for Big Brother and the Holding Company, the Kozmic Blues Band, and Full Tilt Boogie Band||27 years, 258 days|
|Arlester “Dyke” Christian||June 13, 1943||March 13, 1971||Murdered||Frontman, vocalist, and bassist of Dyke and the Blazers||27 years, 273 days|
|Jim Morrison||December 8, 1943||July 3, 1971||Heart failure||Singer, lyricist, and leader of the Doors||27 years, 207 days|
|Linda Jones||December 14, 1944||March 14, 1972||Complications from diabetes||Soul singer||27 years, 91 days|
|Leslie Harvey||September 13, 1944||May 3, 1972||Electrocution||Guitarist for Stone the Crows and brother of Alex Harvey||27 years, 233 days|
|Ron “Pigpen” McKernan||September 8, 1945||March 8, 1973||Gastrointestinal hemorrhage associated with alcoholism||Founding member, keyboardist and singer of the Grateful Dead||27 years, 181 days|
|Roger Lee Durham||February 14, 1946||July 27, 1973||Fell off a horse and died from the injuries||Singer and percussionist of Bloodstone||27 years, 163 days|
|Wallace “Wally” Yohn||January 12, 1947||August 12, 1974||Plane crash||Organ player of Chase||27 years, 212 days|
|Dave Alexander||June 3, 1947||February 10, 1975||Pulmonary edema||Bassist for the Stooges||27 years, 252 days|
|Pete Ham||April 27, 1947||April 24, 1975||Suicide by hanging||Keyboardist and guitarist, leader of Badfinger||27 years, 362 days|
|Gary Thain||May 15, 1948||December 8, 1975||Drug overdose (heroin)||Former bassist of Uriah Heep and the Keef Hartley Band||27 years, 205 days|
|Cecilia||October 11, 1948||August 2, 1976||Traffic collision (car)||Singer||27 years, 296 days|
|Helmut Köllen||March 2, 1950||May 3, 1977||Poisoning (carbon monoxide)||Bassist for 1970s prog-rock band Triumvirat||27 years, 62 days|
|Chris Bell||January 12, 1951||December 27, 1978||Traffic collision (car)||Singer-songwriter and guitarist of power pop band Big Star and solo||27 years, 349 days|
|Zenon De Fleur||September 9, 1951||March 17, 1979||Traffic collision (car) and subsequent medical complications||Guitarist for the Count Bishops||27 years, 189 days|
|Jacob Miller||May 4, 1952||March 23, 1980||Traffic collision (car)||Reggae artist and lead singer for Inner Circle||27 years, 324 days|
|Masako Natsume||December 17, 1957||September 11, 1985||Acute myeloid leukemia||Actress||27 years, 268 days|
|D. Boon||April 1, 1958||December 22, 1985||Traffic collision (van)||Guitarist, lead singer of punk band Minutemen||27 years, 266 days|
|Alexander Bashlachev||May 27, 1960||February 17, 1988||Fall from a height, probable suicide||Poet, rock musician and songwriter||27 years, 266 days|
|Amar Singh Chamkila||July 21, 1960||March 8, 1988||Murdered||Singer, songwriter, musician, and composer||27 years, 231 days|
|Jean-Michel Basquiat||December 22, 1960||August 12, 1988||Drug overdose (Speedball)||Painter and graffiti artist; formed the band Gray||27 years, 234 days|
|Pete de Freitas||August 2, 1961||June 14, 1989||Traffic collision (motorcycle)||Drummer for Echo & the Bunnymen||27 years, 316 days|
|Finbarr Donnelly||April 25, 1962||June 18, 1989||Drowning accident||Singer with Five Go Down to the Sea?||27 years, 50 days|
|Chris Austin||February 24, 1964||March 16, 1991||Plane crash||Country singer and guitarist/fiddle player for Reba McEntire||27 years, 20 days|
|Dimitar Voev||May 21, 1965||September 5, 1992||Cancer||Poet, founder of the Bulgarian new wave band New Generation||27 years, 107 days|
|Mia Zapata||August 25, 1965||July 7, 1993||Murdered||Lead singer of the Gits||27 years, 316 days|
|Kurt Cobain||February 20, 1967||April 5, 1994 c.||Suicide by gunshot||Founding member, lead singer, guitarist, and songwriter for Nirvana||27 years, 44 days c.|
|Kristen Pfaff||May 26, 1967||June 16, 1994||Drug overdose (heroin)||Bass guitarist for Hole and Janitor Joe||27 years, 21 days|
|Richey Edwards||December 22, 1967||February 1, 1995||Disappeared; officially presumed dead November 23, 2008||Lyricist and guitarist for Manic Street Preachers||27 years, 41 days|
|Stretch||April 8, 1968||November 30, 1995||Murdered||Rapper||27 years, 236 days|
|Fat Pat||December 4, 1970||February 3, 1998||Murdered||American rapper and member of Screwed Up Click||27 years, 61 days|
|Freaky Tah||May 14, 1971||March 28, 1999||Murdered||American rapper and member of the hip hop group Lost Boyz||27 years, 318 days|
|Kami||February 1, 1972||June 21, 1999||Subarachnoid hemorrhage||Drummer for Malice Mizer||27 years, 140 days|
|Rodrigo Bueno||May 24, 1973||June 24, 2000||Traffic collision (car)||Cuarteto singer||27 years, 31 days|
|Sean Patrick McCabe||November 13, 1972||August 28, 2000||Asphyxiation||Lead singer of Ink & Dagger||27 years, 289 days|
|Maria Serrano Serrano||November 26, 1973||November 24, 2001||Plane crash (Crossair Flight 3597)||Background singer for Passion Fruit||27 years, 363 days|
|Jonathan Brandis||April 13, 1976||November 12, 2003||Suicide by hanging||American actor||27 years, 213 days|
|Jeremy Ward||May 5, 1976||May 25, 2003||Drug overdose (heroin)||The Mars Volta and De Facto sound manipulator||27 years, 20 days|
|Davor “Moskri” Bobić||November 24, 1977||August 25, 2005||Drug overdose||Original member and lead rapper of Priti Bee Gee||27 years, 274 days|
|Bryan Ottoson||March 18, 1978||April 19, 2005||Drug overdose (prescription medication)||Guitarist for American Head Charge||27 years, 32 days|
|Valentín Elizalde||February 1, 1979||November 25, 2006||Murdered||Mexican banda singer||27 years, 297 days|
|Damien “Damo” Morris||May 22, 1980||December 19, 2007||Traffic collision (bus)||Member of Australian deathcore band The Red Shore||27 years, 211 days|
|Orish Grinstead||June 2, 1980||April 20, 2008||Kidney failure||Founding member of the R&B group 702||27 years, 323 days|
|Elizabeth “Bispy” Amirian||January 20, 1982||February 12, 2009||Murdered||Singer-songwriter||27 years, 23 days|
|Jade Goody||June 5, 1981||March 22, 2009||Cervical cancer||Reality-television personality||27 years, 290 days|
|Dash Snow||July 27, 1981||July 13, 2009||Drug overdose||Artist||27 years, 351 days|
|Lily Tembo||November 20, 1981||September 14, 2009||Gastritis||Zambian pop singer||27 years, 298 days|
|Nate Niec||March 3, 1982||October 6, 2009||Road accident||Bassist of numerous punk rock bands||27 years, 217 days|
|Achik Spin [ml]||July 1, 1982||April 17, 2010||Road accident||Member of the Malaysian pop group Spin||27 years, 290 days|
|Amy Winehouse||September 14, 1983||July 23, 2011||Alcohol poisoning||Singer-songwriter||27 years, 312 days|
|Richard Turner||July 30, 1984||August 11, 2011||Cardiac arrest||Trumpet player, collaborator with Friendly Fires||27 years, 12 days|
|Nicole Bogner||March 22, 1984||January 6, 2012||Undisclosed illness||Singer for Visions of Atlantis||27 years, 290 days|
|Sahara Davenport||December 17, 1984||October 1, 2012||Heart failure||Drag queen, singer, television personality, and classically trained dancer||27 years, 289 days|
|Soroush “Looloosh” Farazmand||October 31, 1986||November 11, 2013||Murdered||Guitarist of Iranian-American band The Yellow Dogs||27 years, 11 days|
|Slađa Guduraš||August 11, 1987||December 10, 2014||Road accident||Bosnian pop singer and actress||27 years, 121 days|
|Tomas Lowe||December 5, 1988||February 13, 2016||Road accident||Bassist for Viola Beach||27 years, 70 days|
|Thomas Fekete||July 1, 1988||May 31, 2016||Cancer||Guitarist for Surfer Blood||27 years, 335 days|
|Anton Yelchin||March 11, 1989||June 19, 2016||Accidental blunt traumatic asphyxia||Actor, Chekov in the Star Trek reboot series, guitarist for The Hammerheads||27 years, 100 days|
|Kim Jong-hyun||April 8, 1990||December 18, 2017||Suicide by carbon monoxide poisoning||Lead vocalist and lyricist for Shinee||27 years, 254 days|
|Fredo Santana||July 4, 1990||January 19, 2018||Cardiovascular disease and idiopathic epilepsy||American rapper||27 years, 199 days|
For More Studies on Numbers Please Visit the “Number Studies” page.